Friday, October 1, 2010

Help



Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2010 - a fun day for Gene and I. We closed on our Utah home and afterward wanted to share with our family. So we invited them to our new home to check it out.




Our original plan was to have a "pizza" party in this big empty space, but decided not to spill root beer and/or pizza on the carpet before we actually moved in.
So after the "preview" we went out for pizza at - Santa Monica Pizza, in Jordan Landing. Go figure we have to go to Utah for Santa Monica Pizza




Now my "Sleep Problem". I keep moving furniture around in my head! I know we have too much furniture, but can't decide what to keep and what to get rid of. We are trying to sell the piano, but what to do with family room furniture and formal living room furniture -- which one to keep. What to put into the "sun" room. I would love my sewing space to be there, however, it would make a great library/reading room.
So----- What would you do with my furniture. I admit I'm tempted to sell the lot here in California and start over in Utah! I don't think my HH thinks much of that idea, hummmmmm I wonder???


3 comments:

Linda Stahr said...

My sleep problem is a little similar to yours... instead of moving furniture, I design the layout of built-ins in my rooms. I'm in the planning process for an old-fashioned school room in a currently unused (hasn't been used since we moved in and my dear sweet husband took all the lathe and plaster off the walls... it's still a naked room) rom. I'd get rid of everything and start all over. think of the money you'd save on a smaller moving van without all the furniture...

Nicole said...

Now there's an idea that ought to appeal to your HH--smaller moving van for less money! I too vote for selling it all and starting over. Instead of trying to cram everything in and forcing it to fit, you could have a lovely blank slate and some serious fun shopping. It might be easier to get furniture that fits if you buy it especially for the new place.

Anonymous said...

I have two thoughts. 1) You can imagine it all you want but intil its physically in the home, you can't make a solid decision so let it go for now. 2) Get some graph paper, create a scale drawing of the rooms, scaled cut outs of your current furniture, and rearrange to your hearts content.