Thursday, May 13, 2010

More Panama

We exchanged e-mail with some of the other folks on the tour so I am "plagiarizing" these photos from Sandy's pictures.
If you think Panama is all rain forest, or desert or country - think again. This is Panama City, it think the only large city in Panama but a growing, thriving city. Lots of construction.


Sandy also had a photo of a very large vessel going through the locks on the Panama Canal.
Notice how the lock is completely "full"of ship.

I really like cashew nuts, but never thought much about how they grow. Here are a couple of pictures of how they grow. One on the tree, and the other is the nut picked off the tree. Our guide Oniel jumped out of the buss and picked this from the side of the road. The process is very long and interesting, just google cashew nuts and you can get the skinny on it if you are interested.
We visited the "Emera" Indians, here is a photo of their village. It's on a river, I can't remember the name but it means the "crocodile river". The invite tours to visit them and they sell what they make. The women weave baskets, and the men do amazing carving.
I think this is the last on Panama, but you never know.
I was up late, or early whatever your take is, and decided to give you an challenge, let me work on it and check the blog soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will never take another cashew for granted...Glad you're posting a little more on your trip. We got so busy playing with kids that we really didn't get to visit much about it.