Time to get back to business: I posted the Jensen line for a few generations back, now I will go with the Boradhead line. Grandma Jensen was a Broadhead, was adopted by Raymonds, went back to her mother and became a Jorgensen and then married a Jensen. Have I got everyone confused yet? I obtained a copy of her birth certificate and it listed her father as Albert Dowes. "And thus we see" Grandma Jensen is really Helen Lola Dowes (Broadhead) Raymond, Jorgensen Jensen. Any questions??
What I want to do here is introduce you to her mother Edith Broadhead Jorgensen and your sealing line, Edith's husband Niels Peter Jorgensen. Edith was called Grace, a nick name, I don't know where that came from, probably a "lost" family story.
After Willie (Jabez Willie) was born they moved to Blackfoot, Idaho. There in a hunting accident Willie was killed on 4 Aug 1910. The others grew to adults and had families.


Edith was born 3 May 1891 in Aurora, Sevier, Utah she died 1 March 1947 in Richfield, Sevier, Utah. She was the oldest of 4 children and the only girl, her brothers were: Horice, Elijah, and Jabez Willie.
After Willie (Jabez Willie) was born they moved to Blackfoot, Idaho. There in a hunting accident Willie was killed on 4 Aug 1910. The others grew to adults and had families.
Edith (Grace) moved back to Utah, I don't know if the whole family moved, but I suspect so, and met Niels Peter Jorgensen. The story goes -- that he was "well to do" and promised to help her find her baby daughter, Grandma Jensen (who was adopted to the Raymonds) so she married him. She was 16 and not old enough and being afraid of her father, she "ran away". I, after many years found their marriage certificate. She had changed her name as well as her age, the only way I could identify it was Neils' mother, Hansine Laurentine, was one of the witnesses.

Niels Peter Jorgensen was born 30 Aug 1884 in Richfield, Sevier, Utah and died 15 Apr 1963 in Richfield, Sevier, Utah. After Edith died Niels married once more but had no children. He died in Richfield, Sevier, Utah. I don't know much more about Niels, but he must have been a good, generous man, and I think they lived together happily until Grace died in 1947. He died in 1963, I should have some remembrance of him, but I'm sorry, I do not.
Here is a photo of Edith and Niels Jorgensen, Mom tells of "going to the ranch" and staying with her grandmother and grandfather. The ranch was in
Sevier Valley, but I don't know exactly where.
I don't have a lot of Jorgensen history, if any of you know anything else, please let me know. All I have are the facts. We should perhaps look into more history.
Sevier Valley, but I don't know exactly where.I don't have a lot of Jorgensen history, if any of you know anything else, please let me know. All I have are the facts. We should perhaps look into more history.


0 comments:
Post a Comment