I just read Loralie's comments on my post about my grandmother, her great grandmother. I love that my children have some great, happy memories of their ancestors.
I have been scanning in pictures, the object is to reduce the amount of shelf space the many, many, books take up. I have come upon a couple of pictures I would like
to share.
This is a picture taken in Oak City Canyon, in Millard County, Utah. The little girl is my sister RosaLee she was about 1 year old, so this was taken in 1947, the boy setting next to her is a cousin, Stephen J. Jensen, Stephen took his own life in 1988.
I like this picture because it shows how much hair RosaLee had, notice it is piled on top of her head, anyway that's what it looks like. Great old picture!!
This is a picture of me, I'm the oldest and RosaLee again, the was taken in 1947 as well. Notice the stroller, were they really called strollers??? This picture reminded me how much my sister and I do not look alike, never did. Even though this is a black & White picture, you can see how much lighter my hair is than hers. However, we both look very well fed. Anyway this is a treasure I found today, one more!
I know I posted pictures of my dad before, but this really reminds me of him, he loved his grandchildren and when they were around he usually had one or two of them on his lap. These little ones are my nieces, RosaLee's children. The oldest is Taresa, and the baby is Jacquie Lynn. I know there are pictures of him with a bunch around him, when I run into them you may get another dose of my dad. Enough of now, I have other stuff to do.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Memories
Posted by Jacquie at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment