Thursday, December 18, 2008

Newport Beach Temple


We love our cozy little temple. Yesterday was the last shift we work this year. It was raining so hard, and the wind was blowing so hard, that I could not open the front door to leave. Fortunately there was a very strong brother stationed at the door to let me out.
It was a very slow day, the good thing about a slow day is that the sisters on my shift get to know one another better. It was also the week before Christmas so everyone brought a favorite treat. So, as well as getting to know each other better, we got to sample some really yummy treats and now I really do have to 1.) quit eating and 2.) start exercising. Oh well, January is coming.
We are happy for the rain, although some that were affected by the fire last month, had to be evacuated this month because of possible mud slides. I'm so happy in my little "grandma" house in the "low lands". We just stay hunkered down here dry and warm.
That's all for this year, unless I get bored with the rest of what I have to do.

1 comments:

Emily said...

That is a beautiful picture... I absolutely love it!! We are so excited to see you Tuesday!