Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Midway Ice Castles

On Valentines Day - we drove to Midway with RosaLee and David to see the "Ice Castles"! Dinner at Applebees before we headed out.

When we were almost there we encountered a herd of Deer crossing the road, of course we stopped and admired them - I sorry I didn't have the camera in hand. We continued, knowing we had witnessed a treat and not 1/2 mile further along there was another herd crossing. We all enjoyed that treat!!

We continued on, David wondering where the ice was located and then we spotted it and RosaLee exclaimed it's 10 time bigger than last year. Below is pictures of the "ice castles" and my companions having a great time.


















Most of the larger ice had light inside or behind, I don't know how they did that but the effect was beautiful.




This was taken inside a cave, as you can see the moon, was beautiful!!!























We were encouraged to take ski poles to help walk on the ice, RosaLee and David had a sword fight with theirs.



3 comments:

Nicole said...

I didn't even know these "Ice Castles" existed! How gorgeous--we need to go see them next year (this year is pretty much booked up, darn it).

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty amazingly beautiful! Looks like a wonderful time had by all!

Asuka Cuff said...

Amazing!! I want to go see that someday... I better write it down on my wish list:)