Thursday, November 12, 2009

Book Of Mormon



I went Visiting Teaching this morning, after reading Loralie's Blog on "reading" the conference issue of the Ensign. Was discussing this with my friend and had a kind of "heads up" experience.

The first of October our Bishop asked the Ward to read The Book of Mormon before the end of the year. It was broken down to 6 pages a day. The Book of Mormon I read is an "old" LARGE Print Book, so at 6 pages a day, I'm ahead of most, but I'm doing 6 pages every day and maybe I'll finish first?? We have been admonished very often by more than one Prophet to "Read The Book of Mormon" on a regular biases!

Now Loralie gives me a challenge to read the Conference Issue of the Ensign before February (I intend to take this challenge)! We put Conference on the DVR every 6 months and when I can't sleep, which is often, I use a Conference talk as my bedtime story. However, I can see her point of reading. Reading to me means study, agreed??

My HH (happy hubby) and I have "Companion Study" most mornings and we study the Sunday School Lessons, on Monday we have FHE (Family Home Evening) together an we read the lessons for Priesthood/Relief Society.

So in discussing all this "reading" my friend and I decided that we have all the modern consciences at our disposal so we can "Study the Doctrines of the Gospel"!! We have also been admonished to use some of our leisure time to "re-double" our Temple Attendance. Do you think we are getting really close to the Second Coming and the Lord is trying to prepare us for it?? Comments Please!!

4 comments:

Jaci said...

Yeah I agree with you, I feel that the Lords coming is soon. I believe that we are receiving the hardest trials right now to show Heavenly Father if we really believe in the things we 'say' we do. I think reading the conference talks and the book of mormon is a great challenge! Count me in. Thanks for being so supportive and caring. We love you...No uncle Ben didn't cut the cup cakes:)

Anonymous said...

Yes. It's getting close AND the battle is heating up. We need to put on extra armor whenever possible.

Nicole said...

Am I weird if I hope the Second Coming happens before Jemma gets to high school? Anyway, thanks for your good reminders about all the gospel study we should be and really could be doing. Wonder why our ward and stake doesn't have challenges like yours and Loralie's. It's those darn complacent Utah Mormons! By the way, companion study is a super idea (now to find the time)!

Nicole said...

Sorry--one more comment. We have General Authority devotionals here at work, and we have been told more than once that everything we do here is to prepare the earth for the Lord's Second Coming--even though we might get caught up in thinking we're helping the missionary dept. gain more converts or the welfare dept. teach people to live providently or whatever. The big picture, no matter we're doing, is that broader preparation for the Second Coming. Kind of helps me maintain perspective.