Thursday, September 17, 2009

Random Thoughts

When we arrived back on Emogene St. this last week, the "dreaded" traffic signal was working, dang (they plugged it in).

When we moved to this neighborhood in 1982, we were in the country and loved living in the "country" with the advantages of being very close to the "city". Now we find ourselves in the city, sad days!!
When we first moved in, I think there was a stop sign here, but almost no one bothered to stop. Now, of course, you must stop - too many children and cars. Notice the hills in the upper part of the picture, can you see a hill for the houses?? Well the houses were not there in the 80's there were just "high green hills" and we thought they would never be developed.
The park is still there, with it's wonderful trees, man made lakes and some wild life, but most of the ducks, birds, coyotes and other wild life have moved away - back to the country. I guess that's one perk for having the traffic light, now we can cross to the park somewhat more safely, maybe??
OK, OK, enough crying over spilled milk, I guess in order to live in the "country" you have to move to Panaca, I don't think the city will ever get that far???
Another thought!!!
I was putting my "Fall Stuff" out the other day, I love fall colors and the fall weather etc., you all know that so I have quite a bit of "fall stuff". It's time to put the beach away and pull out the fall.
I needed a table topper and didn't have one, (mostly because I cut up my fall table cloth and made place mats) I pulled out a "wall hanging" that my sweet daughter made for me as her first quilt project, I usually hang it. However, this time it became a table topper and it's perfect - what do you think?
So the table runner ended up on the piano.
Anyway I'm all ready for fall, now if only the weather would cooperate, I'd be good to go for awhile.
I guess that's enough for now, when I get back to this, I'll finish up my time in Utah, with pictures of some of my adorable grands, I know you are all looking forward to that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love when someone looks at something that was meant for one function and can see other possibilities!
As for the city? It spreads and grows like a cancer, doesn't it. We were on the outskirts of town seven years ago. Now we hear sirens or see grafiti on a daily basis.
However, I don't think I'm ready for Panaca or Mayberry just yet.