Friday, September 25, 2009

More Randam Thoughts about Family

I really need to get back to family history. The other day I wondered into http://www.new.familysearach.org/ and looked up my family. My Wilcock (maiden name) line was "done" sometime in the 1940's. The Wilcock organization hired a professional from England and then proceeded to do the temple work based on the findings of this professional. Funny thing though, on closer inspection the father of Edward Wilcock I is found in an area faraway from the rest of the family. After discussing it with some cousins we decided that it just was not correct. So, every once in a while I go into this line and see if I can do anything, so far no luck. Maybe it's correct, I don't know.

Anyway I did this the other day and found my Edward Wilcock II had an "extra" child. Edward married Elizabeth Partington in 1823, this child listed is named Jenny Partington born 1821. Do you think she is Elizabeth's child born out of wedlock (heavens forbid) or that somebody made a mistake. The sources come from the church's extraction program and one individual that has no contact information. I guess I'll have to get back into research, because this is bothering. Interesting thing is that this child is sealed to Edward and Elizabeth, but her endowment is still waiting.

There was another problem as well, they have Edward's father, Edward I, married to Ann Stone, I have primary evidence that he was marred to Ann Newton. Soooo now the fun begins, maybe it's time I get of the dime, and get back into the research mode and got some work done. I guess I've been "retired" too long, time to go back to work.

Here is a picture of William Wilcock, my great grandfather, it's not that far back is it?? You would think I could find something. Wish me luck!! JP

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody needs to do things right. It may as well be you. Mostly because you can.