Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pets



Yes! Loralie won that last post. This time I think it will be fun to post some of the pets we've had in the past. The first one I remember was a short haired terrier named Baby. Baby, would steel our candy and go behind the coal stove, where we could not get to her, and eat it.
I thought I had a picture of Baby, but I guess not. Baby was 17 years old when she died I was 19 and no longer living at home. Anyway here is an earlier pet that I do not even remember. Looks like her name is Poochie. We were good with names weren't we??

Next pet is Fluffy, not to be confused with Hagrid's 3 headed dog named Fluffy, this Fluffy is a Pickenese. Here is Mom and Fluffy.


Here is a different pet! When living in Lynndyl we raised a lamb and called her Rosie. She disappeared in the fall and I'm pretty sure we had mutton chops most of the winter.


We decided it would be good for the kids to have a dog. So we went to the Shelter and got a puppy. We never did figure out what to name him, so he became known as Pup. I told you we were good at names. Pup was very protective of the kids, he was small but mighty!! Uncle John had a large Dog, I think a German Shepard, Pup would stand between Joe's front legs and bark at everything, hoping Joe would back him up!!

Charlie, we are getting better at names, was a full size poodle mix. White, and fluffy. We had him for a long time. He was raised by our cat "Mother" and he fought like a cat. He was really good at getting rid of unknown cats, but never bothered Mother. I don't have a picture of Mother, she was called Mother for obvious reasons, but also, she trained all her kittens to the litter box. It was easy to give them away, they were cute and already trained.

We didn't have too many cats, but here is one, I don't remember where he came from, but his name is "Hitler". Look closely you will see why. This picture is taken in Cudahy, or maybe Pioche in about 1966.

One more interesting pet we had was Cinderella, I was working for a Lab Supply House and these little guys were free. Actually some of them got out and we had them all over the warehouse in a not very long amount of time. When Cinderella would get out of her cage, and she was out often, we would find her in my Tupper Ware. Not too good for the Tupper Ware! If I didn't want to be bothered at the pool in the apartment complex we lived in, I would just take Cinderella with me, even men didn't like her. Can't think why.

Last one I have a picture of is Bundy, see we did get pretty good with names. Bundy was a Silky Terrier, small and cute, but wirery. Took to running away and going to a particular home in the neighborhood, finally we just let him go. The people liked him and I was tired of chasing him. Bundy part of the family whenever we could keep him home.

Hope you enjoy my line up of pets, we have had others, James like birds and had a couple of them. Other Various and Sundry dogs. But now Gene and I have none, and I'm really good with that. Gene is enough to care for.

0 comments: