Sunday, June 14, 2009

I never planned to be this old!!

I never thought I would be 60 years old, but this week I will be considered a "Senior Citizen"! With that title there are some perks, I hope! I didn't in my wildest dreams, when I was young, think I would be this old, however, it's here so I may as well celebrate.


I really was a "cute" little kid, here are some pictures to prove it. Here I am in 1944.

One year old in 1945


1946/47 Daddy brought me pearls from Germany!





Lets jump ahead, here I am on my 10th birthday. June 1954, we lived in Lynndyl, Millard, Utah.



1956, 12 years old, where do you think all that hair went. I remember washing it at night so it would be dry for the next day, I think this was in Tintic, (Eureka) Utah.


1960, Caliente, Lincoln, Nevada. Looks like I'm growing Up.





17 years old, another younger birthday!!!



1962, Senior High Picture, do they still do feathers? I did get rid of most of the hair.


Childhood is over, here I am Married with child, I will end up with three wonderful children. This was a very long time ago, and it happened very fast.
This picture was taken in San Diego, California. My husband was a sailor.


Then Divorce Happened, I never ment for that to happen either, here is my family in 1975.


We were and still are "a happy Family!!!"



Re-Marriage in 1978, I inharited 4 more girls! Yikes! - double yikes! But we muddled through.
Gene and I have been muddeling trhough for over 30 years. I think I'll keep him.
Then I became a grandma, I love being a grandma! Here we are 4 generations of girls, I'm the old one in the middle, Nana is holding Melanie. This was taken 18 years ago, in Panaca, Nevada.
And now I'm a great grandma, I love being a great grandma. I'm the really, really, old looking one!!




I have ended up with 7 children, 3 my very own, 33 grandchildren, with one on the way 16aand 1/2 my very own, and 5 and 1/2 great grandchildren, and they are all my very own.
I have a lot to celebrate this year, turning 65 has been a great blessing. I thank the Lord for all my blessings, especially my family.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You've been through a lot in your 65 years! I love the pictures, and we love you :)

Anonymous said...

Yea! That was a fun post for me to read through! Thanks so much! I love that you're still kickin'
at 65!