Many of my ancestors are buried in the Richfield Cemetery! Yesterday, Gene and I met my mom at the cemetery to "decorate" the graves.
Here is my Mom - "Visiting her friends"! The stone to the left is my Dad's, but we had to walk around a couple of block so she could see who was recently buried. She said when she wanted to visit friends she had to come to Richfield Cemetery - she is the last of her generation.
After our chore is finished we usually go to JB's for lunch - Gene and I drove in from the North so didn't notice all the traffic signals were out. We drove to JB's and it was closed we continued to drive through town - no traffic lights - no traffic - everything was closed due to a power outage - the closest place for gas or food was Elsinore. The one place (gas station with snack bar) in Elsinore was so packed we opted to drive into Monroe.
In Monroe we found the Sage Brush Grill, it was very busy and very noisy - a small place, however with little other option we waited and had a delicious lunch - you really must try it. Potato Soup with home made yeast rolls - Country fried steak - I brought half of mine home for lunch today! Check out the web, I guess they are famous and we didn't even know they were there. It may be a favorite place to go when in Sevier Valley.
http://www.sagebrushgrillutah.com/A good day, good to see Mom, she appears to be doing well - she is walking better and not complaining so much, I may have to do this again next year.

3 comments:
Sounds like a great day. We will have to try this Sagebrush Grill!!
I love my job and where I am in my life, but I soooo wish I had been free to join you on this one!
I think my Grandparents Jensen (Ardella and Lars) are buried in Richfield. I would have loved to go with you on this trip - if only I wasn't in Oregon... We have relatives buried here too..... As soon as I find them, I'll let you know.
Oh yeah - new photos on my blog of a new baby! And some updated family photos... http://andrewloveslindastahr.blogspot.com - in case you can't get to the blog any other way! Linda
Post a Comment