Sunday, March 6, 2011

One Half Cousins Reunion this weekend


Mandy and Tasha met at Grandma's for a "mini" cousins reunion. They arrived Late Friday night and on Saturday decided on a project.
Mandy made a cute top and Tasha a cute dress with mini jacket.


We began with pressing Mandy' fabric and laying out Tasha's fabric (didn't need pressing).





Conference on what to do next and when, and to admire each other's choices. Grandma was the consultant and I got a lot done on the quilt on the frame.




Amazing to me that much work was done setting on the floor. Here Tasha is making sure of her directions.







Mandy at the sewing machine, next time we do a project like this, we hope to have 2 machines available.






Tasha's turn at the sewing machine!!

Tasha on the floor again for the hand work to finish projects. We were determined to finish because on Sunday morning they had to go home
.
Finished product and just an hour or so into Sunday - Grandma needs a nap.
Notice the decorative stitching on Tasha's hem (beats all that hand work that is usually required to hem a circle skirt)
It was a really fun weekend for my2 of my sweet grand daughters, (we missed Katie and Melanie) and grandma. Grandpa was hoping they would go to the clubhouse for a game of ping pong, but - well maybe next time.
Thanks for letting me borrow your girls, I hope it can become a regular visit.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I was so impressed with Tasha's dress--I couldn't believe she could do something like that in one day. I'm also glad that she and Mandy were able to spend some time together--I know they don't have much time before Mandy is off on a mission and Tasha is off to college. Let's make sure they do this again!