Saturday, March 12, 2011

Down Memory lane

Last Thursday RosaLee, David, Gene and I took a "road" trip! The plan was to drive to Lynndyl and Eureka, Utah - where RosaLee and I spent much of our childhood.


We headed that way, but stopped in Goshen to ask directions to where the Church is building a movie set to depict old Jerusalem. As we drove along it was more and more evident that we were in "cow country". Above is a still of the cows feeding, the video at the end gives you and idea how many cows that were along side of the road.

This is the church in Lynndyl, I was baptized there. The font was under the stage. I don't know if it's still there, we couldn't get it. It is now used as a community center and is known as "The Princess".
This is where our home was (the vacant lot) right along the rail road tracks. Nothing there now, however, we did walk the same road that we walked 50 years ago to school, and remembered the larg garden Dad planted each year next to the house.
After Lynndyl, we moved to Eureka, there are only 2 churches there now, I don't remember which one we went to.
I think the white on in the for ground!
There is an old cabin there now (wasn't there when we lived there) moved from "Cherry Creek". Belonged to Porter Rockwell, very interesting.
Main Street Eureka, 2011!

The video I promised with all the cows having lunch in Goshen, I didn't realize it would down load at the bottom. We had a great time remembering where we grew up and also "cow country".

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love this post! I wish we had been there--someday you'll have to take us on the same tour. You've inspired me to do something similar back in Idaho--I need to go photograph some of my memories! Are you writing a personal history, by chance?

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! So glad you posted pictures, especially the video. That's waaaayyyy too many cows for me!

Asuka Cuff said...

Pretty cool pictures, Grandma! I am not sure if I would love to live somewhere I smell the cows all the time, but I would love to go on a road trip like this! Thank you for sharing!