Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilt Shop Hop

I flew (boy were my arms tired) into Salt Lake City, Tuesday evening - late evening. My sister and I stayed up most of the night "catching up".
Then according to plan we, my sister, RosaLee Joseph and I, began a 4 day "shop hop". The furthest North went was Brigham City, the furthers West was Toole, South was Springville, with a stop in Payson for lunch with a friend, and East was the East side of Salt Lake City.
This is a cute shop in, I think Lehi, but after a couple of days they all blended together.

Each shop had a theme to "celebrate". A really fun was "Quilts etc." in Sandy, they had football games, including hot dogs, however we were there way too early for hot dogs. RosaLee was brave enough to sing the Lincoln Co. Fight song, and won a prize. Most of the "give aways" in the shops were fat quarters and/or quilt patterns and we cam away with our share. We found this really cute "Picnic" quilt pattern and fabric at Quilts etc., RosaLee bought it for me for my Birthday, it was fun celebrating getting old with my sister.

Here is another favorite Shop, The Corn Wagon Quilt Shop, it is in Springville. Most times I'm in Utah RosaLee and I "just happen" to drive to Springville to visit this shop.

Here is RosaLee shopping at Corn Wagon, I don't remember what we found there, however, they have a great stitching room (embroidery) down stairs.
As I mentioned we went to Payson to see an "old" friend, old as in we have known her since we were kids, 12 and 10 years old living in Tintic (Eureka) Utah so also "old" as I think she's mothers age. Anyway isn't this an odd picture of a "parking entrance" - it is off main street in Payson, but you really have to drive around to get to parking. Anyway I thought it was a fun sign.


And here is Gerilee, we went to a Bar-B-Q place in Payson for lunch, then she took us to a "quilt show" what else?? We enjoyed her and the quilts. Payson is a fun old town, and soon there will be a temple there.
Well that's all for now, my trip was a complete success, and I brought home many, many new ideas and projects to keep me out of trouble. When and if I get any of them finished, I'll give you an update.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

That looks like way too much fun...sounds like you two had a blast. If I ever did something like that I'd probably come home with a ton of projects that would sit for years before they got done (IF they got done)...sheesh.