Ahhhhh, the "Assembly Hall" on Temple Square, I love this old building. It has acted for overflow for conference for a very long time. Do they still use it? Or do we have enough room with the Conference Center and the Tabernacle?
Because I'm getting ready to leave on vacation (again) I'm going to give you the schedule for the rest of June. I hope you are enjoying the Conference once again and I hope you are "keeping up".
Week of June 13 (today) President Deter Uchdtorf, Page 124, he was speaking to the Young Women, but so much is eternal, no matter how old we are!
President Boyd K. Packer - "The Power of the Priesthood" Page 6 - Sunday Morning Session. Did you know President Packer had polio as a youth, he over come that disease and became a fighter pilot in the second world war.
Week of June 20 - Elder L. Tom Perry "Mothers teaching children in the home" Page 29 - Saturday Afternoon Session. I can't remember much about Elder Perry except "he is 6 foot 3".
Elder Russell M. Nelson "Generations linked in love" Page 91, Sunday Afternoon Session. Elder Nelson was a famous heart surgeon, he once quipped that he "held President Kimball's heart in his hands."
Week of June 27 - Elder Dallin H. Oaks "Healing the sick" Page 47 - Priesthood Session. When called to the Quorum of 12 he was a Supreme Court Justice.
Elder M. Russell Ballard "Mothers and Daughters" Page 18 - Saturday Morning Session. I think he was a successful businessman in the automobile business. Didn't he once say he owned the "one and only Nash Rambler dealership in Utah?" Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.
When I return from "Zion" having a play date with my sister, I'll post July, this summer is gong to fly by really fast, I can feel it in my old bones.

0 comments:
Post a Comment