This picture is of me age 2 and RosaLee age probably about 6 months. It really is a black & white but RosaLee with all her talent learned to tint old pictures and made us come alive.
My sister just younger than me is RosaLee Ann, born 10 Sept. 1946, in Delta, Millard, Utah. She is 5'2" tall, has dark hair, but lately it's been blond, I guess under the blond it's gray like mine.
We like to do the same king of things only different. For instance I china paint, she paints dolls. I quilt (straight seams) she makes cloths, mostly for grand children. She has began quilting and it's fun to share patterns etc. We both embroidery and have done some fun projects. If we work on the same project, we seem to stay connected more often.
She is a wonderful cook, I don't cook. My daughter once said her goal was to be just like Aunt Lee, cook, sew, all of those talents and she has acquired those skills. (Correction) She said she wanted to be just like me, but be able to do all the things Aunt Lee does. Loralie is old enough to correct me
Her husband is David Joseph, she has 4 children and 12 grand children. The all live close to her and David so she has a great influence on them.
Can you tell I love this woman, but she is a little intimidating, I don't think I can really measure up.
Here is her picture taken in, you guessed it - 1971.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
My Happy Sister
Posted by Jacquie at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Dang, she looks a lot like Jacquie Lynn in that picture!
You got my quote out of context. I wanted to be like you, but have homemaking skills like Aunt RosaLee. Like always, I wanted the best of both worlds.
Post a Comment