We bought a kit from Floyd & Lizzie's a couple of months ago, I finally got it hung on the wall! So here you see the finished product, daisy's are appliqued, then boarders. I did add the purple boarder - the yellow just lost me. RosaLee (my talented sister) quilted it on her machine, I wish you could see the detail, however, it just didn't photograph, I guess you will have to come to my house and inspect the cute "daisy" quilting!!
After the wall hanging, you must have a table topper, additional fabric required for this cute, easy, topper
Then, of course you must have a table runner - once again additional fabric required, however, Floyd & Lizzie's had the full line of matching fabric. Is it purple enough for everyone??
Because we have RosaLee's quilting machine "up and running" I pulled this little number out of it's box and we quilted it. Interesting, it's been finished probably 2 years and it only took us about 4 hours to quilt. Below is some detail, It's hand embroidered, this process is called blue - red work. Does that make sense to anyone?
Detail of the village, the pattern called for pieced blocks in the center and on the edge, but when I found this fabric I just forgot the pieced blocks and set this center in.
More detail, this is really a Christmas wall hanging, see the bottom picture and you will see Santa sailing accross the sky over the village. Enjoy!
2 comments:
I love the daisies! They are so charming! On my screen the purple looks almost blue...though I must say that if it were blue, you'd have to hide them all every time I came over in order to prevent theft. Super cute stuff!
Most certainly purple enough for me! Can't wait to get mine started. Only 14 more school days, then another two weeks of school for me. Then I'm free!!!!
Post a Comment