Saturday, October 22, 2011

It is finished!

I started this project in 2008, It's from a book by Eleanor Burns, or "Quilt in a Day". I like Eleanor's methods, you do finish a quilt quickly. However, I also like the dimensional look, so I adopted her sister methods for my flowers. They pop right out at you.
After starting the baskets, they are machine pieced I taught a class in Relief Society, many of the sisters made pillows or wall hangings. I preserved getting my baskets full of flowers. I put it on the quilt frame this last summer and began quilting the baskets, with pansies in the plain triangles. The down side of dimensional flowers is that you can not machine quilt it. So it is finally finished and it looks great on my bed. So, 4 years is not a bad time for me, some projects have taken up to 10 years. I still have the book and some of the tracings for the flowers, I will probably never make it again, anyone interested??









2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow--that turned out so beautiful! I've seen it in earlier stages, so it's fun to see it all done. I am so impressed with your work.

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! I can't believe you persevered with it for four years! It looks too labor intensive for me so I'm not interested in the book.... I'll just wait a few decades and inherit it. So be really careful with it! = }