Last week RosaLee and I took our annual pilgrimage to "ye ole homestead".
Mom's birthday is the end of September so we usually try to go sometime in Sept. to celebrate etc., This year things worked out that we had to go early.
Mom on the front porch of her home in Panaca, Nevada - she ill be 85 on the 21st of this month. She is doing well after a couple of surgeries a couple of years age. She goes out most days - although we made her miss your "lunch with the seniors" one day so instead we went shopping (for fabric of course) and lunch in Caliente.
Mom on the front porch of her home in Panaca, Nevada - she ill be 85 on the 21st of this month. She is doing well after a couple of surgeries a couple of years age. She goes out most days - although we made her miss your "lunch with the seniors" one day so instead we went shopping (for fabric of course) and lunch in Caliente.
In Mom's left hand is Pappy, mom's "puppy". Pappy is , I think 5 years old and great company for mom. The other puppy is "Indy" a puppy for Helen. Mom usually goes to Reno and spends the winter with Helen, so Indy will eventually end up in Reno.
The video is for Helen so she can see how cute her puppy is. He is no bigger than a minute, he was a great source of entertainment while were were in Panaca! It was hard to get a picture of this puppy, he is about the same color as mom's carpet - anyway this is as good as it gets!
4 comments:
So sorry I had to miss the trip! The puppy is adorable, of course. My favorite is Aunt RosaLee's face! That is an award winning photo! Does she know you've posted it? And she still likes you?
Aunt RosaLee does NOT know I posted that picture, she doesn't even know I took it ---- So don't tell her!
So RosaLee doesn't read your blog, eh? That's a shame... Someday we really need to make it out to Panaca. Nana looks good--I hope she's as healthy as she looks in your pictures.
Nicole, perspective affects opinion. I was thinking how old Nana looks now! I haven't seen her since she quit coloring her hair. I've known my mom with gray hair, but not my grandmother. It sort of caught me off guard.
Post a Comment